Thank you for your interest in working with Fresh Fork Market! Every year we hire Seasonal Team Members for all areas of our company– packing, greeting, warehouse supply and fulfillment, and drivers. Current positions available are listed below, along with job specifications. So if you or anyone you know might be interested in an amazing job in the thick of the Local Foods Movement, keep on reading!
About Fresh Fork Market
In case you’re unfamiliar with our program, we are a weekly local foods subscription service, and we connect 100+ area farmers and producers to customers throughout the greater Cleveland area. Customers sign up for a whole season, and each week they meet one of our refrigerated trucks at one of more than 20 pick up locations all over. Click here for more details!
Ideal Candidate Qualities
- Loves Fresh Fork Market and believes in Local Food.
- Has a friendly, positive attitude and likes working on a team.
- Is motivated, helpful and hardworking.
- Doesn’t mind getting a little dirty.
- Is attentive to detail: checks lists twice, enjoys organizing, loves systems.
- Is physically fit: this is an ‘on your feet’, ‘out in the sunshine’ (and rain), ‘carrying heavy loads of produce’, and ‘jumping in and out of trucks’ kind of job.
SUMMER SHARE SEASONAL STAFF
- Must be available Weds-Saturdays from Mid-May, 2019 through first week of November, 2019.
- CDL Class B preferred but not required.
- Able and willing to drive 26 foot truck preferred but not required.
- All positions require heavy lifting (up to 50 lbs.)
- All positions require work outdoors and/or on refrigerated truck and warehouse.
- Seeking energetic team members, with great attention to detail and a positive attitude who would rather be working on their feet and with their hands than behind a desk this summer.
Fresh Fork Market is a non-smoking company. No smoking (of any substance) is permitted at any of of facilities, at farms, at stops, on trucks, or at warehouse. We reserve the right to drug test.
Greeters: Greeters check our customers in using the handhelds (training provided!), get their share bag and any Special Orders as well as assist them with any other purchases they’d like to make. This is a physical job that requires a few hours on your feet, lifting some boxes and carrying the bags to the customers. Great way to get some light exercise and be out in the sunshine! You’d be responsible for your own transportation to and from the stop, and you’d need to arrive early to help set up and stay after until the stop is cleaned up (usually about 30-45 minutes on each end.)
Packers: The packers generally work on the back of the refrigerated box truck and in the warehouse. These individuals are the “assembly line” for putting together the share bags, and it’s a fast-paced environment and a great way to escape the heat of the summer inside a cool truck packed to the brim with veggies! Attention to detail is required, and our packers are responsible for quality control and food safety, and the ability to work well on a team in a restaurant-like environment (but much cooler temperature-wise) is essential!
Perks to being on the Fresh Fork Team:
- Competitive hourly wage or barter program available (trade your hours for the cost of your share)
- 10% employee discount on all extra food purchases as well as base subscription cost
- Team members attend events and classes for free (as space permits.)
- Special “Fresh Fork Team Only” events, like picnics at Wholesome Valley Farm, tours, BBQs and parties, information & tasting sessions about all of our products, and an opportunity to learn about the ins and outs of how our program works as well as getting in deep with the Local Food Movement.
Please write to email@example.com with:
- Your name
- Your phone number
- Desired Position
- Short paragraph detailing any past relevant professional experience.
- Positions you’re interested in
- Days and times you’re available
- Two References with contact information (packers only)
- Resume (packers only)
Looking forward to hearing from you!